The Trustees is looking for an enthusiastic person to facilitate children’s public programs and events at Powisset Farm during summer months, school vacation weeks and potentially at other times during the year. Powisset Farm hosts a variety of children’s programs and children’s public program assistants play a vital role in providing a quality visitor experience.
* Responsibilities vary depending on the event
* Communicating goal of the day’s event/project to children
* Imparting information about The Trustees and Powisset Farm
* Log volunteer hours weekly
* Interest and experience in working with children of all ages
* Friendly and polite demeanor
* Comfortable in citing rules for games and activities
* Able to take prepared curriculum and lead children’s activities
* Ability to walk on a variety of surfaces including grass or uneven surfaces
Volunteers will arrange their schedule with the Engagement Site Manager; 3 month minimum commitment preferred
- Child Development
- People Skills
- Critical Thinking
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Flexible, 3 month weekly commitment prefer
- Event Assistant - Weir River Farm
- Event Volunteer at Eleanor Cabot...
- Bricklayer/Mason - Bradley Estate
- CSA Harvest Crew - Weir River Farm
- Field Assistant Volunteer -...
- Holiday Event Planner - Bradley...
- Communications Outreach...
- Friday Community Garden...
- Children's Public Program...
- Property Ambassador - Governor...
- Property Ambassador - Francis...
- Event Assistant - Haskell Garden
- Carpenter Volunteer - Charles...
- Wednesday Workday Corps -...
- Saturday Drop-In Volunteer -...
- Property Ambassador - Eleanor...