The Trustees is looking for an enthusiastic person to facilitate children’s public programs and events at Powisset Farm during summer months, school vacation weeks and potentially at other times during the year. Powisset Farm hosts a variety of children’s programs and children’s public program assistants play a vital role in providing a quality visitor experience.
* Responsibilities vary depending on the event
* Communicating goal of the day’s event/project to children
* Imparting information about The Trustees and Powisset Farm
* Log volunteer hours weekly
* Interest and experience in working with children of all ages
* Friendly and polite demeanor
* Comfortable in citing rules for games and activities
* Able to take prepared curriculum and lead children’s activities
* Ability to walk on a variety of surfaces including grass or uneven surfaces
Volunteers will arrange their schedule with the Engagement Site Manager; 3 month minimum commitment preferred
- Child Development
- People Skills
- Critical Thinking
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Flexible, 3 month weekly commitment prefer
- Event Assistant - Weir River Farm
- Kitchen Assistant - Powisset Farm
- Cultural Heritage Cataloging...
- Fall Barnyard Cleanup - Weir...
- Event Volunteer at Eleanor Cabot...
- Bricklayer/Mason - Bradley Estate
- Guest Services Ambassador -...
- BNAN Community Garden Archive...
- CSA Harvest Crew - Weir River Farm
- Holiday Event Planner - Bradley...
- Communications Outreach...
- Children's Public Program...
- For a Song - Powisset Farm
- Nature Based Educator - Rocky...
- Wednesday Workday Corps -...
- Data Entry-Moose Hill Farm
- Mission House Collections...
- Property Ambassador - Eleanor...
- Habitat Restoration - Copicut...
- Allen C. Haskell Papers...