A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3)non-profit organization based in New York City. Our focus is to provide children, ages 6-18 who are patients or survivors of juvenile cancer, the opportunity to explore their artistic passions and give them the strength to fight their disease. We believe that artistic expression is critical for healing! A Free Bird supports children affected by cancer in their exploration of art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and any other artistic passion they may have.
HOW TO APPLY: please send email, resume and cover letter to internships @afreebird.org
Volunteers: 15-20 hours per week for 3 months commitment
Interns: 20 hours per week for 3 months commitment, receiving school credit only.
Overseeing entire operations of the Fundraising Department. Continuing to keep the mission of the organization alive and fully support every aspect of the organization/company. Ability to manage a staff of 1-20 depending upon positions available. Continuing job description of Fundraising Coordinator, overseeing entire operations for Fundraising Department, including but not limiting to managing volunteers/interns, Fundraising Coordinator, etc.
- Manage, provide guidance to, and ensure accountability of AFB fundraising staff.
- Ensure that the fundraising staff has clear and achievable objectives.
- The resources and institutional support needed to carry out responsibilities; and positive and effective relationships with internal and external donors/sponsors and with counterparts in AFB
- Develop a sound, achievable, comprehensive fundraising strategy to meet the goals for unrestricted and private restricted fundraising set by the President. Lead and coordinate the fundraising staff team to implement the plan efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure that the fundraising strategy of AFB is adequately diversified and includes tactics in specific areas such as major donors, web based giving, foundations, corporate support, etc.
- Collaborate with staff across the organization in order to ensure consistency in representing AFB to potential donors and other audiences.
- Must continue support of AFB Mission and its goals.
- Extending role of Fundraising Coordinator.
- Must provide oversight of entire Fundraising Department, including but not limited to, interns/volunteers in any position, Fundraising Coordinator, Fundraising Budget Manager, Fundraising Material Specialist, etc.
- Will Coordinate to expand and diversify AFB’s donor base, working closely with other volunteers/interns to secure proper funding.
- Submitting Weekly, Monthly, Yearly goals and how the goals will be executed for the Fundraising Department.
- 2-4 year degree in Finance, Financial Accounting, Financial Management, Business Management, or 3-5 years experience in related field.
- Proven record of continued/extensive team leadership skills. Ability to manage 1-20 employees.
- Being able to work independently and also be a self motivated person.
- Excellent Verbal and Written skills is required.
-Previous Fundraising, Managing, Marketing required.
- Assisting all volunteers/interns in any questions, concerns, comments they may have.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 3 months
- Programs Assistant to DREAM...
- Video Editor
- Sound Editor Volunteer
- Colorist/Color Editor
- Programs Assistant
- PR Coordinator-Assistant
- Web Developer for Childhood...
- Public Relations Assistant
- Fundraising Assistant
- Vice President of Fundraising
- Ukulele Tutor in New Jersey (to...
- Fundraising Manager
- Production Assistant
- Graphic Designer, Volunteer!
- Violin Tutors (to help children...
- HR Recruiter for Fight Free...
- HR Recruiter for Fight Free...
- Marketing Executive! (or just a...
- Marketing Assistant
- Marketing Assistant- Fall 2016...