The RUN INSPIRED 10K is more than a race. It is a celebratory event committed to creating an unforgettable experience for each and every participant. With philanthropy at its core, RUN INSPIRED is intended to ignite a passion for the betterment of ourselves, our community, and beyond.
The RUN INSPIRED 10K & Finishers Party at Winterthur will benefit and support Operation Warm’s mission to provide brand-new coats to children living in poverty, specifically in the Delaware region.
We need volunteers to assist on race day in all areas to ensure an organized and successful event for all! Volunteers will receive preferred parking, a complimentary t-shirt, and access to our Finishers Party (depending on your allotted time frame).
Here are areas we will need volunteers for (10/23/16):
(5) Race Day Set-Up (6:00am-8:00am): Duties may include but are not limited to signage set-up, tent set-up, moving tables and equipment, and ensuring an organized layout.
(3) Volunteer Check-In (7:15am-10:30am): Responsible for getting all other volunteers checked in and directing them to their assignment.
(12) Registration & Bib Pick-Up (7:30am-9:30am): Responsible for providing assigned bibs to pre-registered runners and accepting new registrations on race morning. This entails assisting runners to fill out registration forms and assigning bibs to newly registered runners.
(6) T-Shirt Distribution (7:30am-9:30am): Responsible for handing out official race t-shirts to all pre-registrants.
(6) Start/Finish area (9:00am-11:00am): Responsible for providing general assistance where needed. Duties may include providing runner instruction, providing crowd control or assisting pedestrians/spectators where needed, moving barricades, cones, or other equipment, etc.
(2 Shifts of 2) Information Tent (7:30am-10:30am; 10:30am-1:30pm): These volunteers will also be available to answer general questions from runners throughout the morning and afternoon.
(4 Teams of 8) Water Station (8:30am-11:30am): Responsible for pouring and handing out water at one of the aid stations on course. Volunteers must also clean up cups and any other trash at the station at the conclusion of the race (preferably team or organization).
(25) Course Monitor (8:30am-11:30am): Responsible for providing direction to runners at key intersections along the course to ensure that everyone stays on the correct route.
(6) Medal Distribution (10:00am-11:30am): Responsible for handing out medals to all finishers after they cross the finish line.
(4)Water Distribution (10:00am-11:30am): Responsible for handing out water bottles to all finishers after they cross the finish line.
(8) Food Distribution (10:00am-11:30am): Responsible for handing out various post-race food/beverage items (goodie bags) to runners.
(5) Clean-Up & Breakdown (2:00pm-4:00pm): Duties may include but are not limited to trash cleanup at Finishers Party and Start/Finish area, emptying all waste baskets (including along the course) into main dumpsters, and assist with breakdown of event.
(2) Face Painter (10:00am - 1:30pm): Talented artists needed to face paint and make a child's day!
Race Website: www.runINSPIREDraces.com
- Outdoor Recreation
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- 6-10 hours(depending on # of volunteers and needs)