Be a part of a club that helps men and women with developmental disabilites realize that they can give back to the community and make a difference! This club meets once a month on Wednesdays at 6:30 pm in Oak Ridge (Jefferson Township) NJ. The members decide on a cause they wish to support and devise a plan to get it done. This year they conducted a hugely succesful Mother's Day Gift Bag event which went to the young moms at Birth Haven in Newton, NJ, raised funds and collected food for the Jefferson Dog/Cat rescue organization and honored the Jefferson and Newton Police departments. It is an opportunity to help these men and women realize they are more than a charity themselves, but rather, have the right to give back and serve others as well.
- Special Needs
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Once a month- Wednesday 6:30pm - 8:00pm
- It is helpful to also assistance at an outside event if applicable such as delivery of gifts.
- Can you Make Reading and Writing...
- Do you like to browse the dollar...
- Be a friend, change a life
- Make a Difference for People...
- Friendship will go a long way!
- Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
- Fight for the Right" Club -...
- Do you Like to Bowl, go to...
- Do you C.A.R.E. ? (Christian...
- And what do YOU like to do?
- Pet Therapy / Comfort Animals
- Sebastian LOVES ice hockey and...
- Perfect for daytime volunteering!