*This position is an unpaid internship, however you must be receiving college credit for this internship in order to apply. This internship is only for college students. The sole intention for this internship is for you to gain experience teaching children and to gain experience working a job in your industry, so that you would be more of an asset for any company who wants to hire you full-time.
Artportunity Knocks mission is to empower youth through POSITIVE Arts Self-Expression, Education and Community Service and Bridging the Cultures through Arts & Entertainment. We offer youth artist development programs, entertainment industry opportunities for kids, performing arts after-school programs, film/music/art classes, and music and arts camps for students ages 5-17 throughout Metro Atlanta. The key to success with our organization is being a "people-person" and possessing the capability to deliver high-quality services. We are one of the few programs utilizing Arts Integration in our education programs. We are looking for future instructors who are looking for an exciting opportunity to develop in a modern style of learning! We are looking for those students who have a high proficiency in the arts, as well as have a passion for developing youth. If you're passionate about music education, youth development or the arts, join us today!
- Have the potential to teach children ages 5-13 yrs
- Training and/or experience in ABA strategies and experience working with children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorders preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of effective academic and arts programming
- Ability to resolve conflicts and negotiate solutions
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills with proven ability to interact with a diverse range of individuals both in person and over the phone, applying tact and discretion as situations demand
- Develop and implement individualized education plans (IEP)
- Review referral and assessment data and student history
- Prepare for meetings, providing current data and creating appropriate goals and objectives
- Monitor and evaluate student progress
- Perform assessments
- Prepare materials, lesson plans and activities aligned with IEP goals
- Demonstrate best practices in special education
- Ensure students with disabilities are receiving their education in the least restrictive environment
- Maintain safe, secure, and effective learning environment
- Work collaboratively with school representatives, families, and organization members to ensure a cohesive, effective approach to supporting students
- Communicate clearly and consistently with all school representatives, families of students, and organization members
- Special Needs
- Teaching / Instruction
- Child Development
- General Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Youth Services
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Summer Part-Time
- Bachelor's; prior work experience in special education (autism, learning and emotional disabilities)
- Marketing and Recruiting Volunteer
- Music/Vocal/Piano Instructor...
- Volunteer Theater Instructor...
- Volunteer Middle School Vocal...
- Administrative Assistant (Office...
- Volunteer Tutor
- Recruiting for Board Members:...
- Volunteer Middle School Piano...
- Special Education Intern
- Volunteer Dance Instructor...
- Volunteer Tutor
- Tutors & Mentors needed for...
- Volunteer Middle School Acting...
- Volunteer Middle School Dance...