Want to make a difference in the lives of children? Want to be a part of an organization that teaches children to look beyond themselves and become socially responsible individuals? Little Hands Can is a non-profit located in Eugene, Oregon that cultivates opportunities for youth to give back to their community through simple acts of service.
LHC is seeking qualified, enthusiastic individuals to join our grant writing team. We are a young organization and the majority of our funding will result from awarded grants. That means you are key to our success! We need grant writers to;
- Research and summarize new grant opportunities.
- Utilize Google Spreadsheets to track potential grant opportunities, opportunities we are applying to, and current funders.
- Record, track and monitor upcoming grant deadlines and application readiness.
- Develop strategies to engage potential and current funders through social media and communicate strategies with our social media volunteers.
- Draft grant proposals, letters of inquiry, and progress reports.
- Participating in regular status meetings with the Grants Team.
- Post grant award: Track statistics relevant to development and report metrics and data to donors as needed
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills Required:
- Grant writing, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Able to keep track of multiple deadlines.
- Proficient in Google Docs and Google Spreadsheet.
- Interested in collaborating with other volunteers and staff members.
- Ability to commit 4+ hours a week
- Child Development
- Business Development
- Administrative Support
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 Hours per month