The PCA Program is a MassHealth program that helps people with permanent or chronic disabilities keep their independence, stay in the community, and manage their own personal care by providing funds to hire personal care attendants (PCAs). The PCA consumer (the person receiving PCA services) is the employer of the PCA, and is fully responsible for recruiting, hiring, scheduling, training, and if necessary, firing PCAs.
MassHealth contracts with agencies such as Ethos to evaluate a consumer’s need for PCA services and to train the consumer about how to effectively manage their PCA program. Consumers are approved to receive PCA services for one year at a time. Towards the end of this year, the consumer must be re-evaluated by an Ethos nurse. This Re-evaluation must be faxed to the consumer’s PCP for the PCP to sign-off on the Re-Evaluation.
The Ethos PCA Program is in need of a volunteer/intern who can follow up with both PCP’s and consumers to make sure these Signoffs are returned promptly. This work will mostly be spent making telephone calls and faxing paperwork. The ideal candidate should be able to effectively communicate via telephone and should have sufficient problem-solving skills. The ability to speak another language, especially Spanish, is desirable.
- Office Management
- Elder care
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Home Care Office Assistant!
- Do you speak Haitian Creole?...
- Do you speak Cantonese? Relieve...
- Volunteer at Cafe Pride!
- Volunteer as a Spanish Translator!
- Advocate for Elders in long term...
- Do you speak Greek? Seniors need...
- Do you speak Spanish? An Elder...
- Vulnerable seniors need your help!
- Senior Companions Needed!
- Relieve Loneliness - Become a...
- Shop with a Senior!
- Male Friendly Visitors Needed!
- Volunteer Bill Payers for Seniors!
- Veterans Needed to Volunteer...
- Escort Seniors to Medical...
- Do you speak Arabic? Elders Need...
- PCA Office Volunteer