Make-A-Wish Event Volunteer Management Assistant
DONATE TO THIS
7 people are interested
At Make-A-Wish, we grant wishes for kids with life-threatening medical conditions. Volunteers are the driving force of Make-A-Wish, out in the community, meeting with wish families, presenting the wishes, and raising awareness and funds to grant the wishes. The Volunteer Services Department is looking for an office volunteer to assist with recruitment, placement, and management of event volunteers.
We are looking for a volunteer who can help 3-4 hours per week, on a regular, weekly basis. The shift must be done at least partly during our office hours - 9am-5pm M-F. We can mutually decide what shift time works with your schedule (open shifts include Wednesdays 9am-1pm, Thursdays 9am-1pm, or Fridays 1-5pm). We also require that the volunteer be willing to agree to a minimum six-month commitment. Much of the office work will be done at the Make-A-Wish office in Oakland, but once the position is underway, much of it can be done remotely. This position is overseen by and works closely with the Volunteer Manager.
- Creating event volunteer signup forms and spreadsheets
- Emailing past event volunteers to ask them to volunteer again
- Posting recruitment posts on volunteer recruitment websites, such as VolunteerMatch
- Corresponding with volunteers about event volunteer shifts
- Confirming volunteer shifts with volunteers after they sign up
- Contacting volunteers prior to an event to confirm attendance
- Running mail merges to create name badges
- Sending thank you notes to volunteers after an event
- Data entry of event volunteer hours
- Maintaining an ongoing list of upcoming volunteer events
Required skills and experience
- Skill and experience with spreadsheet applications (Google Spreadsheets and Microsoft Excel)
- Must be organized and have a high attention to detail
- Experience with mail merge
- Experience creating Google Forms
- Data entry, especially with the Raiser’s Edge
We'll work with your schedule.
1333 BroadwaySte 200Oakland, CA 94612
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 4 hrs/week on a regular schedule, min 6 mos.