Description: Support the Enlisted Project (STEP) is looking for a self-motivated, creative volunteer to be a marketing assistant to support selected development/marketing activities of the organization. Intern/Volunteer may work with the Communications Manager and the Events Manager as needed.
- Contribute to STEP’s visual and written content including fliers, e-newsletter, social media, brand awareness and website
- Perform analytics of social media, provide reports, and make recommendations
- Social Media Marketing - Identifying new opportunities and campaigns
- Track and analyze social media trends and outcomes
- YouTube Donation Card - identify ways to maximize STEP’s presence and tag STEP videos with DONATE buttons
- Search Engine Optimization - Develop strategies to increase the number of visitors to our website via social media channels like Facebook and YouTube
- Assist team with messaging for crowdfunding campaigns
- Assist in the completion of grant materials
- Support staff as needed
- Graphic Design; Print and Social Media; Blogging; Marketing and Communications; Interactive Media; SEO; Brand Development & Messaging; Copy Writing and Editing
- Able to meet multiple project deadlines and demonstrate attention to detail
- Time management and planning skills
- Expansion of portfolio of creative designs and social media impacts
- Experience in a dynamic, non-profit environment
- Opportunity to control work schedule
- The knowledge that you are helping the Nation’s heroes as they transition to civilian life!
Support the Enlisted Project (STEP) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Our vision is to be a reliable, relevant, and responsive resource for our Southern California junior to mid-grade families during hard times. STEP provides emergency financial education, counseling, grants and gifts of in-kind goods to help relieve an unexpected financial hardship or crisis resulting in the qualified applicant’s inability to sustain crucial living expenses. Our volunteers are integral to the success of our mission.
How to Apply:
Please visit our website at www.stepsocal.org to complete and submit your volunteer application. We are available at (858) 695-6810 to answer your questions.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- As needed or available
- Willing to work onsite or virtually