The Alzheimer's Association is the world's leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research. We are the largest private funder of Alzheimer research and the premier source of information and support for the more than 5 million Americans with Alzheimer's disease and their 15 million families and caregivers. The Alzheimer's Association was recently recognized as the Best Non Profit to Work For in the Non-Profit Times 50 Best Places to Work for 2015, for the 6th year in a row.
Essential Job Functions
The Alzheimer's Association AL/FL Panhandle Chapter is seeking to hire intern candidate for various positions.(marketing, PR, health education, journalism, special events and others) for the opportunity to learn, experience, work and contribute to the Association's mission of creating a world without Alzheimer's disease. In doing so, interns will gain valuable experience in their field.
This is an unpaid internship. Candidate must be able to complete the internship ( with a minimum of 240 hours for the semester) in exchange for school credit.
Internship location: Birmingham, AL
- Student must be actively enrolled toward in an accredited college or university in the fields of communication, nonprofit management, business, marketing or related field.
- Proficient in Google Drive, Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Possess a valid driver's license as well as the ability to travel as needed to perform internship duties.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, with keen attention to details, as well as excellent problem solving abilities.
- Self-motivated, team player with the ability to meet deadlines, remain flexible, and adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift up to 50lb
- Office Management
- Computer Science
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 16