America for Animals is a startup nonprofit organization headquartered in California. We are a new type of animal welfare organization - one that empowers advocates to promote compassion and fight cruelty in the communities where they live. We do this by developing state-of-the-art web and mobile applications that make it easy and fun to help animals. Our apps are designed to help people find humane places to eat, meet like-minded advocates, campaign to end inhumane practices, and take other simple actions that make the world kinder for our four-legged friends.
AFA is looking for a Website Administrator to manage the websites for our organization and our products. More specifically, this position would build your experience in...
* Managing a Wordpress-based website.
* Responsive website design implementation.
* Website updates.
* Posting content.
* SEO optimization.
* Collaborating with AFA graphic designers to improve user experience.
* Experience in website administration
* CMS experience, preferably with Wordpress (which is what we use)
* Responsiveness to emails and requests
* A great attitude and desire to help animals
AFA is an all-volunteer organization. We hope this experience rewards you with...
* A letter of recommendation.
* Valuable experience for your r?sum?.
* The excitement of being at the center of a start-up.
* A million karma points for saving animals!
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Website Programming
- Website Project Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 5 hours/week (more is welcome!)