About the Learning Celebration:
- We'll be in Bynum, NC (near Pittsboro) from Saturday, September 24th - Friday, September 30th
- Volunteers lead 4th graders through hands-on exploration of the river environment (other ways to help are described on our website)
- Overnight camping is available for those who wish to help for multiple days
- Students are on site from about 9am-1:45pm every day
- Volunteers have afternoons/evenings off for recreation (crafting, hiking, swimming, canoing, socializing)
- Experience is not required
- Training and delicious vegetarian meals are provided
Learning Stations include nature art, stream ecology, watershed cultural history, and animals. All meet NCSCOS Competency Goals for 4th grade. There’s also a puppet show and concert! All activities inspire students to think about how human actions affect the river and its watershed communities.
You can help out any day(s) from September 24th-October 14th at one of our 3 sites:
Bynum, NC (9/24-9/30), Saxapahaw (10/1-10/7), and Reidsville (10/9-10/14)
For more information, visit our website, hawriver.org, and click on the projects tab.
Hope to see you there!
Watershed Education Coordinator
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
- String Instrument
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- A few hours, a full day, or all week!