About the position:
Are you looking for the opportunity to completely reshape the online presence of a rapidly growing non-profit organization?
The Confucius Institute at San Diego State University is looking for an Online Marketing Manager to design and manage our online marketing strategy. This is a unique opportunity to use your marketing skills to make a lasting impact within our organization.
You will be the primary contact on our social media channels and help us grow and maintain an active social media presence. You will also be responsible for managing photos and videos taken at events throughout the years and select the most appropriate ones to be showcased on our website and social media.
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic and committed. You should be able to work both independently and collaborate with other staff. Past online marketing experience is a strong asset. This opportunity is flexible enough to work around the schedule of a full-time study or job.
About the Confucius Institute at SDSU:
The Confucius Institute (CI) at San Diego State University was established in collaboration with the Office of Chinese Language International Council (Hanban). Hanban is committed to making Chinese language and cultural teaching resources and services available to the public and to the promotion of cultural diversity and harmony. Through academic partnership with Xiamen University, the CI at SDSU aims to strengthen educational and cultural cooperation between China and the United States. This partnership will serve to promote the development of Chinese language education in the greater San Diego region and Baja California as a whole, while continuing to foster historical understanding and cultural collaboration on both sides of the Pacific.
For more information please visit our website at http://cisdsu.org
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Passionate about social media marketing and management
- Excellent language skills to convey message into relevant and interesting content
- Excellent organization skills to help manage photos and videos
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Time commitment: A minimum of six (6) month, ten (10) hours per week commitment is required
- Transition of responsibilities and training of other team members are required if you do not wish to remain in this volunteer position after the minimum commitment period
How to Apply:
Please email email@example.com and, in the subject line, please clearly indicate the title of the position in which you are interested.
Please include in your e-mail an explanation of why you are interested in the position, any relevant experience or skills, and your complete contact information (full name, email, and phone number) and attach a résumé. You may also choose to include a portfolio of your previous work to showcase your skills.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 20 hours per week on average