The goal of the education program at theHumbleHeartsSchoolfor the Deaf is to provide hope for the future to children, specifically the deaf, in this impoverished area by providing education and supplemental support. This education program supports not only tuition, but also books, supplies, clothing, some food, and other necessities.
- Answer emails and other communications from potential sponsors and set up sponsorships as required.
- Email school and child information to new sponsors.
- Keep records up to date of children sponsors.
- Keep Executive Director up to date about what children have been sponsored and what children should be placed on the website for sponsorship.
- Write reports on schools and children when information is received a minimum of twice a year and email individual sponsors.
- Remain in constant contact with the Beatrice Anunda the Humble Hearts School director regarding the school needs, how funds are being spent, children who have left or been admitted to the schools, etc.
- Write report to AC Executive Director about program’s progress, concerns, needs, etc. at least quarterly before AC board meetings.
- Mail letters and school evaluation form to sponsors at least 3 times a year. Track when these are received by coordinator and when mailed to sponsors.
- Work closely with other AC directors regarding the needs of the children, such as housing, nutrition, and medical care.
- Forward all pictures of children to the appropriate sponsors at a minimum of once a year or when specific purchases are made.
- Update the Humble Hearts and AC yahoo groups, Social Media Coordinator, and the AC blog with important information about the school and kids, including needs, letters from the director, etc.
- Help design and/or write text for new webpages as needed.
- High speed internet connection a must as well as ability to effectively use Excel, Skype, Word, and other computer programs.
- Child Welfare
- Special Needs
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours per week
- Must have good communication skills and the ability to commit to the opportunity for 1 year min.