Food Rescue Specialist
1 person is interested
Food Rescue Specialists
Do you want to volunteer at the beginning of day? Do you want to help provide food to those in need? Help us rescue food from local grocery stores and bring it to our Food Shelf!! We need drivers (affectionately known as Food Rescue Specialists) to pick up donations Mondays and Wednesdays. You will drive, using your own vehicle, to 3-4 stores to pick up specific donations at each store.
Days: Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 7:30 - 9:00 a.m. or Tuesday Thursday from 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
How many: 1-2 volunteers each day
- Drive to retail sites using personal vehicle
- Take temperatures of refrigerated and frozen donations for food safety reasons
- Load donations from retailers into personal vehicle
- Complete retail site paperwork if required
- Return the donations to Valley Outreach and help to unload and weigh donations
Training: Ya sure, you betcha there will be training. (how very Minnesotan of us)
What do you need to bring?
- smiles - you will be representing Valley Outreach to the retail sites and the public
- strong muscles, willing and able to lift up to 50 pounds
- willing to get dirty sometimes
- willing to celebrate the glory that is food donations
- good communication skills are necessary
- being dependable and prompt - we rely on you to get us the food our clients will select that day. Yay food!!
- Oh yeah, and wear closed-toe, comfy shoes. It’s for health and safety reasons and it’s a concrete floor in most stores.
- You will need a background check ... details provided during orientation.
What’s in it for you? The knowledge that you will help feed people who come to shop at the Food Shelf. The food you rescue is used that day in our Food Shelf. HUGE!!!! You will make it happen! Acknowledgement from staff, volunteers and clients that you are a fabulous part of our team at Valley Outreach. Maybe make new friends and have fun while you work!
I’m in. Now what? Go to our website, www.valleyoutreachmn.org, click on the volunteer tab, complete an application and sign up for orientation, or contact me, Suzanne Lindquist, Volunteer Manager at email@example.com or at 651-342-5559 and share that good news with me!
Let's make it better. Together. Thank you!
We'll work with your schedule.
1911 Curve Crest Boulevard WestStillwater, MN 55082
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- up to 3 hours per day worked