We are looking for bright, passionate professionals who are willing to volunteer their time and energy ending hunger and making a difference in the local multi cultural community. Individuals should be creative, open to new ideas, be a team player and have a strong work ethic. As this nonprofit is 100% volunteer based, everyone on the Steering Committee have busy day jobs but are still able to dedicate themselves to running this organization. Ideally, we want people who is experienced with grant writing and fundraising.
The organization is undertaking an impressive campaign to expand its services, partnerships, and presence to have a larger impact on the community. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain a wealth of experience in multiple aspects of research, external relations and fundraising.
Your position and role will be assisting with the following duties:
- Conduct research on existing and prospective prospects;
- Write and edit letters of inquiry, grant proposals and reports, program summaries, and other funding correspondence.
- Work with Donor Database Coordinator and Lead Researcher to find new grant opportunities and funders.
- Track institutional giving patterns and funding deadlines.
- Ensure donors are appropriately thanked and acknowledged
This position provides a stipend and may lead to paid part-time or consultant position by end of the year
Length of term:
One year minimum commitment with weekly time commitment to be discussed.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree
- Outstanding writing and editing skills.
- Must demonstrate creativity and passion in their writing.
- Must have the ability to glean information from previous proposals to meet specific funder requirements.
- Ability to work quickly and produce a polished piece of work requiring little editing.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Resource Development / Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment