- Research and apply monthly for grant proposals, awards and endowments
- Develop and strengthen partnerships between organizations and potential funders and maintain ongoing communication
- Maintain ongoing communication history and reporting requirements in partnership and funding database
- Prepare organizational background presentations for prospective donor meetings
- Assist the Project Coordinator in preparing annual and quarterly reports for District Health and Sub-County offices
- Research and source out local short, medium and long-term sustainable fundraising means and draft a working fundraising strategy proposal based on
findings at end of placement
- Organize one major Shanti Uganda fundraising event in Uganda
- Degree in International Development Studies, Non-Profit Management or related field
- Experience drafting grant proposals an asset
- Exceptional independent research and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel and Google docs
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once/respond to changing priorities
- Proven experience meeting deadlines and goals
- Strong organizational skills, keen attention to detail
- Exceptional networking, written and verbal communication skills
Successful applicants will be responsible for contributing a $450/month placement fee, which will provide them with shared accommodation in Shanti Uganda’s Volunteer House, airport pickup, a volunteer manual and ongoing support and evaluation from our Canadian Project Coordinator in Uganda. All interns will contribute a 40hr workweek and are encouraged to travel on weekends.
Applications for internships will be accepted on a rolling basis, and will remain open until filled. Successful applicants will be required to submit:
- a note of mental and physical health from a health professional
- basic criminal record check from your home country
- liability & media release
Please apply with a cover letter and resume to Project Coordinator, Trine Rasmussen, firstname.lastname@example.org , or Director Kristen Porter email@example.com .
This volunteer request was posted on behalf of Shanti Uganda. Learn more about this organization's projects at https://www.globalgiving.org/donate/13134/the-shanti-uganda-society/info/.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- 40 hours per week
- See description
- India: Volunteer teaching street...
- Memphis: MIFA Meals on Wheels
- Online: Development Assistant:...
- Online: Urgent need for YOUR...
- Volunteer in the Brazilian...
- Online: Fundraising officer
- Bulgaria: Retail Expert
- Online: Videographer
- Online: Development Internship
- Guatemala: English Teacher
- Cameroon: Volunteer on a...
- Volunteer Speech and Language...
- Kenya: Teacher or Counselor
- Online: Resource Mobilisation...
- Uganda: Special Educational...
- Uganda: Monitoring + Evaluation...
- Uganda: Women’s Income...
- Uganda: Children's Education...
- Uganda: Education Specialist /...
- Uganda: Assistant Project...