Purpose: To assist the Samaritan House Finance Department in daily activities to insure orderly, accurate recording, reporting and retention of records. This position may also assist other areas of the organization in similar duties. Volunteer will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
1. Data Entry: Input data into accounting system
2. Filing: set up files, prepare labels, store records for long-term retention
3. Copying and general office tasks
4. Assisting in Office Re-organization tasks
5. Follow policies and procedures related to communication with staff, including documentation, record keeping, and reporting.
6. Other assistance as assigned and/or needed.
1. Ability to work independently, with guidance or in a team
2. Knowledge of keyboarding (data entry)
3. Knowledge of Excel & Word
4. Ability to volunteer a minimum of 12 hours per week
5. Ability to lift a maximum of 35 lbs.
6. Ability to respectfully and effectively communicate with staff and co-workers
7. Follow directions precisely and be able to seek clarification of tasks
8. Act in accordance with Samaritan House policies and procedures
- Data Entry
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- A minimum of 12 hours per week