Volunteers are needed to help deliver pre-packed boxes of food from the Bellingham Food Bank to homebound seniors and adults with disabilities. Many of our clients rely on the food bank to supplement their groceries, as they live on a limited income and are unable to get all they need at a grocery store.
Some of our clients cannot get to the food bank due to their physical barriers and have no friends or family to assist.
We are looking for volunteers to help Friday afternoons from 2 to 3 pm. Most routes deliver to 3 to 4 homes.
An hour a week could make a great impact on someone's life.
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Relationship Building
- Food Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour per week
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
- Disaster Volunteers to Assist...
- An hour a week can help ensure a...
- Volunteer Shoppers are needed to...
- Membership Person to Interview...
- Help a Home-bound Senior in Need!
- Volunteers are needed to help...
- Help Seniors Remain in their...
- Beer Festival Volunteers WANTED
- Social and Educational Planners...
- Writers Who Can Tell a Good Story
- Gardener's needed!