Heading Home is a New Mexico non-profit organization that runs several housing-first initiatives and programs which seek to make experiences of homelessness rare, short-lived and non-recurring. Many of our volunteer opportunities are centered at our Albuquerque Opportunity Center campus, which houses our men’s overnight emergency shelter and our medical respite program.
Heading Home is looking for volunteer drivers to transport residents at the Albuquerque Opportunity Center to and from church services. We strive to help our residents be involved in the community, and this includes helping them to attend church services if they wish. Driving a resident is a great way to get to know someone while providing a service at the same time.
This driving will be done in one of our vans, you will not need to use your own vehicle.
- People Skills
- Bus/Van Driving
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours/week
- Volunteers must have a clean driving record and be able to learn how to drive a large passenger van
- Would you like to help make...
- Help Someone Get Home! Furniture...
- Let's Roll! Volunteer Driver.
- Unique Opportunity for Awareness...
- Become a part of the Events &...
- Help Keep a Men's Emergency...
- Weekend Volunteer Driver
- Do you want to help give others...
- Volunteer Dorm Resident Assistant
- Spiritual Companion Volunteer
- (Your Special Skill Here)...