Health Educator and Intake Specialist
The ideal candidate for this position will be a retired or active medical professional with knowledge of multiple sclerosis or other neurological disorders. This candidate should also have a caring spirit in order to serve as a resource for people struggling to understand and cope with the debilitating symptoms of MS.
- Meet with new clients to orientate them on the MS Center's services and other resources available for people with MS.
- Research materials and articles for use in the Center's library and newsletters.
- Assist in determining topics and recruiting speakers for the monthly educational luncheons.
- Organize webinar presentations on topics of special interest to people with MS.
- An RN, ARNP, MD, DO, PT, or OT who has experience working with patients with neurological disorders, preferably MS
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good research skills for investigating current issues and developments in MS
- Must be able to work onsite at the MS Center to meet with clients (by appointment). Should also be available for the monthly luncheons.
- Patient Care
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- See patients by appt- no more than 6 hours per wk
- Health care professional