CDEF.org (Chinese Democratic Education Foundation) is a progressive non-profit organization that has done pioneer work to promote democracy and human rights for Chinese people. We are deeply rooted in advocacy and organizing. Your help will be crucial to make the world a better place.
Annually we organize the Outstanding Contribution Prize for Democracy of China. Since 1986, important figures such as Wei Jingsheng, Liu Xiaobo, and many others have been the recipient of our award.
We need all kind of talents.
Our great volunteer will conceptualize, design, and create communication supports as well as a new website design for the important work we do. Our goal is to design functional and inspiring graphics, merchandising, website, communication tools such as e-blast, and social media interface.
We can have separate people helping for the different projects we have.
Missions Needing Your Help
- Review and evaluate existing website designs and look for ways to improve them
- Create new website design templates and website elements
- Design merchandize relevant to democracy and human rights in the Chinese community
- Design visual communication, emails, banner ads, and corporate identities to match look and feel of brand
- work with some Flash and video elements
- Passionate about Chinese culture and strong belief in building a more just and fair society
- Strong interest in using digital art and graphic design to tell stories
- Mastery of some easy website creator such as wordpress/wix and/or Proficient in Adobe software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Systematic understanding of design fundamentals, layout, typography, information hierarchy, and color
Duration: 3 to 6 months (10 hours per week) we are flexible.
What we Offer for You: This is a volunteer opportunity but an extensive amount can be taken from this experience. Volunteering in the digital design field is a great way to get a jumpstart your career and gain tangible working knowledge. Your experience in a well known non profit organization will give you a great visibility and will enhance your resume.
This an excellent opportunity to build a portfolio.
Please send your resume and existing portfolio to
firstname.lastname@example.org (No phone call please)
- Social Media / Blogging
- Graphic Design / Print
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design
- Web Design
- Adobe Creative Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10 hours each week