Wildfires are devastating communities across California, causing more than 300,000 people to evacuate their homes and threatening many more. The Camp Fire in Northern California -- one of three blazing across the state -- is the most destructive in state history. We want to ensure that, if you are in an affected community, you find access to shelter. And if you are looking to help with disaster relief efforts, you know the most effective ways to contribute.
The Borgen Project is an innovative, national campaign that works with U.S. leaders to improve their response to the global poverty crisis.
The Borgen Project is hiring a Public Relations/Marketing Intern who will work remotely. This public relations intern will be involved in a variety of aspects of marketing and communications.
- Create a branding campaign.
- Conduct an informal focus group and gather feedback for market research.
- Pitch story ideas to print, broadcast and digital media.
- Create and implement a fundraising strategy.
- Plan, market and present at an informational meeting.
- Utilize social media and develop strategies for web-based messaging.
- Assist with The Borgen Project's advocacy efforts.
- Take on assignments as needed.
Details: This is an unpaid internship, although college credit is available. The internship is 16-hours per week for 12-weeks. Must meet weekly deadlines and be available the first Monday evening of the month, at 5pm PST for meetings.