PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: To manage the correspondence as well as the distributions of correspondence received on our email@example.com email.
TIME REQUIREMENT: About 2 hours per week.
- Volunteers are assigned to a day each week to:
- Respond to all inquiries received regarding adoptable pets within 24 hours of receipt.
- Forward applications to adoption counselors for review and approval.
- Forward any other correspondence received to appropriate volunteer coordinator or team members.
- Log-in to view applications received and update status adoption applications.
- Submit end of day report logging items completed and any pertinent remaining items to team, prior to logging off for the day.
CONTACTS WITH OTHERS: Correspondence with potential adoptive families, other adoption hotline and other adoption team members on a regular basis. Correspondence with foster families and foster team volunteers on a semi-regular basis. Correspondence with other teams as needed.
CONTROLS OVER WORK: This position reports to the Adoption Hotline Team Lead and Adoption Team Director.
- Must be proficient with use of email.
- Access to internet and telephone to work virtually (phone calls/email) at least one day per week on a consistent basis.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintain professional level writing quality in correspondence at all times.
- Must be organized and skilled at record-keeping.
- Office Reception
- Office Management
- Administrative Support
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Approximately 2hrs per week
- TNR Colony Manager for Cats
- New Partner Coordinator
- Medical Coordinator - Virtual...
- Animal Operations Admin
- Shelter Customer Service Volunteer
- Adoptline Volunteer
- On-Line Customer Service Volunteer
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Foster/medical administrator
- Adoption Hotline Voicemail...
- Rescue Partner Medical Coordinator
- Landlord and Vet Check Volunteer
- Graphic Designer
- Vet Approval Admin
- Public Relations Volunteer
- Grant Writer
- Social Media Calendar Project...
- Animal Data Admin
- Social Media Intern
- Foster Representative