"Volunteers are partners working together for improving our future."
Partner with us, become a CLC volunteer today! CLC needs volunteer tutors, and classroom assistants. We also need volunteers to help learners practice digital literacy skills, prepare for success in the workplace, and beyond.
Our volunteers are invaluable. If you have patience, a passion for learning, and a desire to work with adult learners as they pursue education and gainful employment, please become a CLC volunteer today!!!
- Community Learning Center is open 8:30am - 5pm, Monday - Friday.
- Volunteer tutors are required to have a bachelor's degree from an accredited college, or university, all other volunteers are only required to be at least 18 years of age.
- Experience is not necessary, CLC will train and supervise volunteers.
To apply, please send your resume and a brief statement about why you are interested in volunteering to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!!!
Community Learning Center is a nonprofit provider of free literacy instruction, GED(r) preparation, and career transition support for adults in Philadelphia. CLC's mission is to help adults develop literacy, math, and life skills using a supportive and holistic approach, so that they can realize their fullest potential at home, in the workplace, and in the community. The ultimate goal is for adult learners to achieve self-sufficiency.
- Adult Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2.5 hours per week, for an 8 - 10 week cycle
- Volunteer tutors must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.