"Volunteers are partners working together for improving our future."
Partner with us, become a CLC volunteer tutor today! CLC needs volunteer tutors to work with learners of all skill levels, from basic education in reading and math, to high school equivalency (GED) level work.
Our volunteers are invaluable. If you have patience, a passion for learning, and a desire to tutor, please become a CLC tutor today!!!
- Tutoring hours occur between are 9 am & 4 pm, Mondays through Thursdays.
- Tutors are asked to commit to at least one 2.5 hour tutoring session per week, for one tutoring cycle (8-10 weeks).
- Tutors must have a four year degree from an accredited institution.
- For GED(r) level tutors, content knowledge in one or more areas. The test is four parts; Math, Reasoning through Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies.
- Experience is not necessary, CLC will train and supervise tutors.
To apply, please send your resume and a brief statement about why you are interested in tutoring to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!!!
Community Learning Center is a nonprofit provider of free literacy instruction, GED(r) preparation, and career transition support for adults in Philadelphia. CLC's mission is to help adults develop literacy, math, and life skills using a supportive and holistic approach, so that they can realize their fullest potential at home, in the workplace, and in the community. The ultimate goal is for adult learners to achieve self-sufficiency.
- Adult Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2.5 hours per week, for an 8 - 10 week cycle
- Must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.