PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: Help animals sucessfully become adopted by overseeing adoption applications through from initial review through finalization.
TIME REQUIREMENT: About 3-5 hours per week.
Review adoption applications for approval.
- Submit the preliminary approval email to applicant after review.
- Work with landlord and vet check volunteers to fully approve application.
Send complete approval/meet and greet email to potential applicant and foster family.
Ensure that foster and applicant get into contact and are proceeding with process.
Follow up with adopter after the home visit takes place.
Submit contract to applicant, and complete adoption contract speech.
Forward to congrats email volunteer to send final "Congrats" email.
CONTACTS WITH OTHERS: Correspondence with potential adoptive families, adoption hotline volunteers, other adoption team volunteers, foster families, and foster team volunteers on regular basis. Correspondence with alumni team volunteers on a semi-regular basis. Correspondence with other team volunteers as needed.
CONTROLS OVER WORK : This position reports to the Lead Adoption Counselor and Adoption Team Director.
- Must be proficient with use of email (working knowledge of Gmail helpful).
- Regular access to internet and telephone to work virtually (phone calls/email) on a regular basis.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintain a professional level correspondence at all times.
- Must be organized and skilled at record-keeping.
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- People Skills
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 3-5 hours per week
- Feral Cat Colony Manager
- Adoptions Craig's List (CL)...
- Animal Assistance Partner...
- Events Lead
- Supply Coordinator
- Medical Coordinator - Virtual...
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Compassionate and Experienced...
- Foster Application Vetter
- Internal Newsletter Editor /...
- Foster/medical administrator
- Help us find new volunteers as...
- Rescue Partner Medical Coordinator
- Landlord and Vet Check Volunteer
- Graphic Designer
- Animal Vet Application Approval...
- Rent A Dog Coordinator
- Positive Alternatives to Shelter...
- Foster Parent Representative
- Do you like going to events,...