The Worldview Project is a San Diego based non-profit whose mission is to promote cross-cultural awareness, understanding, and appreciation through web-based resources, programs, publications, social networking and local events.
10 REASONS TO VOLUNTEER WITH THE WORLDVIEW PROJECT:
1. You will be actively involved in furthering the cause of greater cross-cultural awareness, understanding and engagement (it's what we do!).
2. You will work with smart, enthusiastic, talented, and committed volunteers/interns who hail from all over the world, of all ages.
3. You will work in a friendly, safe, and supportive environment (check out our authentic reviews!).
4. You can enhance your resume (employers often check to see if a job seeker have volunteer history). If you do a great job (and met the requirements), you can ask us for a reference.
5. You will do work that is important (although some routine tasks still have to be done).
6. You will get to share your own international experiences (if any).
7. We will do our best to match your skills and interests with our needs.
8. You will have the opportunity to develop new skills or improve the ones you already have.
9. You may get to eat outstanding ethnic foods (and are encouraged to share!).
10. There is considerable room for growth in responsibility and the impact you have.
FYI: WE ARE REACHING OUR MAXIMUM CAPACITY FOR VOLUNTEERS/INTERNS AND IT MAY TAKE A COUPLE OF WEEKS OR MONTHS BEFORE WE ENGAGE NEW VOLUNTEERS FOR THIS POSITION, BUT IF THIS OPPORTUNITY INTERESTS YOU, WE URGE YOU TO APPLY NOW TO BE ON THE INSIDE TRACT WHEN THE OPPORTUNITY BECOMES AVAILABLE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING!
The Worldview Project is seeking a highly literate Acquisition Editor Volunteer/Intern who loves to read, write, and conduct research. Someone who will be researching new titles (for children and adults) for our online bookstore (www.multiculturalbooks.org) and entering them into our system. Finding new syndicated articles for our Cultural Tidings section of the San Diego Participant Observer (www.parobs.org).
The ideal candidate will be: Cross-culturally aware, have good critical and analytical judgement. Well-read, well-spoken, and Well-written. Web and computer savvy. Works well independently and in teams.
Most of our work happens during normal business hours, with only occasional weekend or evening hours requested. Our minimum commitment for a volunteer is 6 hours per week and for an intern is 10 hours per week and we are looking for individuals who can make at least a 6-month commitment whether you are interested in the volunteer or internship position.
Please visit our website at www.thewvp.org and our online magazine at www.parobs.org for more information about our organization and the work we do!
*** PLEASE DO NOT CALL OR WALK-IN UNANNOUNCED AT OUR OFFICE TO INQUIRE OR APPLY FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY. PLEASE WRITE TO US IN THE COMMENT SECTION PROVIDED IN THIS APPLICATION OR EMAIL US AT email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org ***
When you write to us, we'd appreciate it if you tell us a little bit about your skills, experiences, interests, and anything else you might want to share, so that we may respond to your application more fully. If you do not hear back from us in one business week's time, then you may call our office at (858) 964-0709, but please contact us first by email at email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest with the Worldview Project! We look forward to receiving your application. Have a wonderful day.
- Adult Education
- General Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Minimum 6 hours a week for 6 months.
- Calendar Editor Volunteer/Intern
- Social Media Volunteer/Intern
- Journalist Volunteer/Intern
- Assistant Editor
- Assistant Volunteer Coordinator
- Content Developer Volunteer/Intern
- General Office Volunteer/Intern
- Marketing Volunteer/Intern
- Promotions Coordinator...
- Copy Editor Volunteer/Intern
- Acquisition Editor...