The Discharge Transition Caller is responsible to call patients who have been discharged from Magee recently and ask a series of questions to determine whether the established discharge plan is working well or not. Because of the clinical nature of the questions, it is imperative that the caller have a clinical background and a basic understanding of the current system of health care (inpatient hospitalization, followed by home health services or outpatient therapy). In order to facilitate continued patient safety in the home environment following discharge from Magee, duties of the caller include following a script of questions, asking appropriate follow-up questions, directing any issues to appropriate Magee clinicians for follow-up, and closing the loop with the patient.
- Customer Service
- Critical Thinking
- Basic Computer Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Any day during the week for a few hours
- Outpatient (Riverfront)...
- Activities Volunteer - Concierge...
- Lead Others to Volunteer at Magee!
- Riverfront Outpatient Greeter
- Discharge Transition Caller
- Resource Center Library...
- Healing Garden/Greenhouse...
- Art Therapy Studio Helper
- Dining Services Volunteer
- Summer Watering-Plants need care...
- Department Volunteer Assistant
- Help patients with essential...
- Day Room Volunteer
- AYA Room - Young Adult Computer...