THIS ROLE IS SPECIFIC TO THE MT JULIET, TENNESSEE COMMUNITY.
ALL TRAINING WILL BE PROVIDED BY THE AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY - OPEN TO ANYONE WITH A BIG HEART AND WILLINGNESS TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIVES OF MANY.
The survivors and caregivers lead recruits, recognizes, and engages survivors and caregivers from within the community.
Individuals in this role will use survivor and caregiver recruitment resources and tools to be able to clearly communicate the benefits of getting involved with the American Cancer Society and the Relay For Life event. Individuals in this role will develop relationships with and serve as the primary contact to survivors, caregivers, and organizations that serve or interact with large numbers of survivors and caregivers.
SPECIFIC TASKS CAN INCLUDE:
* Cultivate relationships with survivors and caregivers.
* Assist activities lead and ceremonies lead to plan powerful ceremonies to celebrate and recognize survivors and caregivers.
* Collaborate with community champions to recruit new and retain previous survivors and caregivers
* Assist mission lead to educate survivors and caregivers about the Society’s cancer prevention, Detection, and support services.
* Collaborate with recognition lead to recognize and honor survivors and caregivers.
* Develop relationships with and serve as the point of contact for organizations that serve or connect with survivors and caregivers such as: hospitals, treatment centers, support groups, faith-based groups or organizations, employers, etc.
* Take the lead on planning and executing the annual Survivors' Dinner in Mt Juliet
- Critical Thinking
- Event Design & Planning
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 3 to 5 hours a week (or more if interested)
- All training will be provided by the American Cancer Society