THIS OPPORTUNITY IS SPECIFIC TO THE MT JULIET, TENNESSEE COMMUNITY
ALL TRAINING IS PROVIDED BY THE AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY.
The role of the fundraising lead is to grow the Relay For Life event income through working with Team Captains, team members, and the community by providing them information and resources needed to raise funds to fuel the mission of the American Cancer Society.
SPECIFIC TASKS CAN INCLUDE:
* Work closely with team ambassadors to educate teams how to set fundraising goals, meet those goals, and educate on what tools are in place to assist them.
* Plan and implement fundraising workshops to ensure Team Captains and participants understand best practices for fundraising.
* Assist Event Leadership Team in educating community, teams, volunteers, and participants on fundraising activities.
* Educate Event Leadership Team and community on the American Cancer Society’s impact in the fight against cancer.
* Plan and implement strategies to aid in pre-event, day-of-event, post-event, online, and offline fundraising.
* Assist recognition lead and team ambassadors to ensure all fundraising volunteers are properly credited and recognized for their fundraising efforts.
* Ensure that Event Leadership Team includes and considers fundraising in their plans.
* Leverage all activities, events and entertainment as fundraising opportunities.
* Review fundraising benchmarks on a monthly or bi-monthly basis with event lead, fund the cure lead, and American Cancer Society staff to ensure goals are being met.
- Critical Thinking
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 5 to 7 hours a week
- All training is provided by ACS staff.