CDEF.org (Chinese Democratic Education Foundation) is a progressive non-profit organization that has done pioneer work to promote democracy and human rights for Chinese people. We are deeply rooted in advocacy and organizing. Your help will be crucial to make the world a better place.
Annually we organize the Outstanding Contribution Prize for Democracy of China. Since 1986, important figures such as Wei Jingsheng, Liu Xiaobo, and many others have been the recipient of our award.
We need all kind of talents. We offer great opportunity to make meaningful connection with China and courageous Chinese people.
Our great volunteer will work with the leadership team to write about Foundation's event, Outstanding Prize recipient bio and information, update facebook and other social network with news comment. Proofread, editing and drafting e-blast
We can have separate people helping for the different projects we have.
Missions Needing Your Help
- Volunteer needed with experience outreaching to CDEF.org's partners, past prize recipients, advisors to build community either locally or strategically in the globe.
The Perfect Volunteer (S)
- Passionate about democracy and strong belief in building a more just and fair society
- Strong interest in connecting to real people that are reshaping our world.
- Excellent communication skills that effectively reach out to old and new friends of the organization.
- Team player
Duration: 3 to 6 months (10 hours per week) we are flexible.
What we Offer for You: This is a volunteer opportunity but an extensive amount can be taken from this experience. Volunteering in the outreach capacity is a great way to get a jumpstart your career and gain tangible working knowledge. Your experience in a well known non profit organization will give you a great visibility and will enhance your resume.
Please send your resume and availability to
firstname.lastname@example.org (No phone call please)
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
- Cantonese / Mandarin
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 5-10 hours a week at least