PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: To determine medical needs of dogs in order to be adopted, track ongoing medical issues and communicate needs to Foster Representatives. Assist Foster Representatives in troubleshooting any medical issues with foster pets.
Medical Coordinators will be assigned 1-3 Foster Representatives to work directly with. The Medical Coordinator is responsible for all the dogs assigned to their Foster Representatives. Number of dogs varies but should fall in the range of 10-50 at any given time.
Determine medical items needed in order to be eligible to attend DPA adoption events and items needed in order to be eligible for adoption for all assigned dogs.
Review medical patient history records and itemized invoices from veterinarians/shelters and log all pertinent information on the team’s master spreadsheet.
Check in with Foster Representatives regarding medical needs, upcoming appointments, changes in event or adoption eligibility, and follow-up on ongoing medical issues/conditions as needed.
Email medical history records to vets for upcoming appointments.
Advise Foster Representatives on how to handle certain medical situations at home and when to seek veterinary care. Provide helpful tips and tricks when needed. Occasionally communicate directly with fosters.
Maintain notes of correspondence with Foster Representatives and foster parents on the master spreadsheet.
- Refer issues beyond the scope of this function to other volunteers, team leaders, or directors for further processing.
Education and Experience: Must be a high school graduate with some related animal/rescue group experience.
Ability to work virtually (email, access to Google Drive). A flexible schedule to answer questions and address items as they come up is preferred. Checking in once a day is required.
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, and be organized and skilled at record-keeping.
- Experience as a pet (dog) owner and knowledge of basic dog health care needs is a plus.
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 2-3 hours per week
- Feral Cat Colony Manager
- Website Coordinator
- Adoptions Craig's List (CL)...
- Animal Assistance Partner...
- Events Lead
- Director for Dallas Pets Alive!...
- Animal Rescue Volunteer Director...
- Foster Application Vetter
- Internal Newsletter Editor /...
- Foster/medical administrator
- Help us find new volunteers as...
- Rescue Partner Medical Coordinator
- Landlord and Vet Check Volunteer
- Graphic Designer
- Animal Vet Application Approval...
- Rent A Dog Coordinator
- Social Media Manager
- Positive Alternatives to Shelter...
- Foster Parent Representative
- Do you like going to events,...