Social Call Friendly Visiting Program of LA County
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
148 people are interested
This is great opportunity for busy folks who still want to volunteer!
Social Call volunteers connect with an older adult once a week and offer 30 minutes of friendly conversation over the phone.
As a volunteer visitor for Social Call, a Covia Community Service, you will:
- Receive training and ongoing support for interpersonal skills and reframing our view of aging
- Be matched with an adult 60 years or older for great conversation: swapping stories, learning personal history, asking interesting questions of each other, and more.
Time Commitment: 6-month minimum, visiting your match each week.
Qualifications: a free background check; availability for our next training- it's quick, fun, ONLINE, so easily accessible! New volunteer trainings coming up soon!
Bilingual volunteers strongly encouraged to apply but everyone appreciated and most welcome!
English, Russian, American Sign Language, Spanish, Farsi, and Cantonese speakers needed.
For more information, please contact: Casey O'Neill at email@example.com or 415-535-7741.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- weekly visits for at least 6 months
- background check and training included