Become a volunteer visitor for a lonely elder in Los Angeles! Specifically in locations around Los Angeles and the South Bay. New volunteer trainings held often. Great Opportunity for Busy Folks who Still Want to Volunteer! We will match you in an area CLOSE TO YOU!
- Want to help an isolated elder to feel less alone?
- Interested in making a difference in an elderly person's quality of life?
- Able to visit an elder community member in their home?
As a volunteer visitor for "ElderWISE" ("Working in Service to Elders"), an outreach program of Episcopal Senior Communities, Senior Resources, you will:
- Receive free training in interpersonal and listening skills
- Be matched with an elder to whom you will provide friendly companionship and a compassionate presence
- Benefit from joining a community of caring volunteers who receive ongoing support
Time Commitment: 6-month minimum, visiting your elder between 2-4 times per month.
Qualifications: a free background check & fingerprinting; availability for our next training (quick, fun, snacks provided, location close to you!) coming up soon!
We are a new program in LA, and are well established in the Bay Area.
Bilingual volunteers strongly encouraged to apply but everyone appreciated and most welcome! In addition to English, we are currently looking for Korean, Armenien, Farsi, and Russian speaking volunteers.
For more information, please contact: Vanessa Sacks at email@example.com or 323-928-2240/415-563-8143 (cell)
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 visits/month, at 60-90 minutes/visit
- background check and training included