Social Call Friendly Visiting Program of Los Angeles County and Beverly Hills
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
135 people are interested
Become a volunteer visitor for a lonely elder in Los Angeles and Los Angeles County! We are currently in need of volunteers for Beverly Hills participants, and we also need some volunteers in Culver City. New volunteer trainings held often. Great Opportunity for Busy Folks who Still Want to Volunteer! We will match you in an area CLOSE TO YOU! English, Russian, American Sign Language, Spanish, Farsi, Korean, Cantonese, and Armenian Speakers needed always :-).
- Want to help an isolated elder to feel less alone?
- Interested in making a difference in an elderly person's quality of life?
- Able to visit an elder community member in their home?
As a volunteer visitor for "Social Call" ("Working in Service to Elders"), an outreach program of Covia, formerly Episcopal Senior Communities, Senior Resources, you will:
- Receive free training in interpersonal and listening skills
- Be matched with an elder to whom you will provide friendly companionship and a compassionate presence
- Benefit from joining a community of caring volunteers who receive ongoing support
Time Commitment: 6-month minimum, visiting your elder each week.
Qualifications: a free background check & fingerprinting; availability for our next training (quick, fun, ONLINE, so easily accessible!) coming up soon!
Bilingual volunteers strongly encouraged to apply but everyone appreciated and most welcome! IN ADDITION TO ENGLISH SPEAKERS, WE ARE CURRENTLY IN NEED OF SPANISH, AMERICAN SIGN LANGUAGE, KOREAN, RUSSIAN, FARSI, AND ARMENIEN SPEAKERS.
For more information, please contact: Katie Wade at email@example.com, or 415-805-6692. Calling directly will ensure quicker response time, thank you!
We'll work with your schedule.
St George StreetLos Angeles, CA 90027
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- weekly visits for at least 6 months
- background check and training included