Are you a good listener? Do you enjoy interacting with people? We need 1-2 volunteers to collect success stories from members, staff, and other volunteers. This will involve listening, asking questions, gathering photos and stories, and finding out how the Y has impacted their lives! If this storyteller is good with visual media and video, we also hope to utilize this volunteer to attend community volunteer projects planned by our new Togetherhood committee to film and photograph activities and put together a compelling, interesting video each quarter that highlights these projects.
Some experience working with digital media is ideal but not required. Volunteers may be asked to complete a very short training session prior to start date. If you are interested in this amazing opportunity, please apply today! Here's how:
How to Apply:
- Visit http://www.ymcatvidaho.org/support-our-cause/volunteer/
- Click on "Apply to volunteer for the Y online"
- Click on Register
- Complete and submit the application. Once your application is received, you will be contacted once the background check has cleared.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
- Video Production
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1-4 hrs once or twice a month
- Possibly Listen First Training
- Kids' Night Out...
- Gym Supervisor--Caldwell Branch
- Storyteller--Caldwell Branch
- Safety Ambassador--Caldwell Branch
- Evening Housekeeping...
- Youth & Government...
- Teen Leader Advisor--Caldwell...
- Health & Well-being Floor...
- Health and Wellbeing Floor...
- Climbing Wall Belayer--Caldwell...
- Youth Activity Center...