We are looking for an energetic, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious person to join our team. This position will report to the Development and Communications Associate and will work closely with the Development and Communications team who are responsible for all fundraising, marketing and communications functions within the organization. You will also be working together with the Program Team to connect with students. The Social Media Intern will work to help build a strong marketing and communications strategy for our social media and help grow our social media audience.
This Social Media Intern will play a vital role in HEAF’s media outreach and marketing strategy. The Intern will manage all social media and web-based marketing for HEAF, including through the organization’s accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube and Instagram. To succeed, the applicant must be able to combine creativity with solid marketing and communications skills to manage numerous different projects simultaneously, and grow the organization’s online presence and reach. The ideal candidate will have very strong writing skills that will enable him/her to independently conceptualize and draft copy for all of the organization’s social media. The ideal candidate will also have extensive experience working with social media, utilizing different platforms, but also experience growing audiences and culling data and information to share with supporters.
In addition to managing all social media, the Intern will also have the opportunity to contribute to other marketing and communications projects for the organization, including HEAF’s website, press outreach, event collateral, and other projects as needed. S/he will work with the Development and Communications Team to devise specific communications materials and campaigns based on understanding of audience interests, and to develop print and web-based material supporting these campaigns.
Working closely with Program and Development professionals, the person hired for this position will need to be an enthusiastic team player - a self-starter, who is thorough and proactive, but can work cross-functionally and become a key member of the HEAF staff.Responsibilities:
- Conceptualize and draft copy and content for organization social media platforms that fits within the organization’s overall marketing strategy;
- Retain, grow and develop accounts through daily interaction with supporters;
- Use monitoring tools to measure the impact and reach of social media;
- Find and cultivate social media contacts to spread the word about HEAF
- Stay on the cutting edge of advertising and content opportunities across the web;
- Work on search engine optimization efforts;
- Attend events and programs to create live social media content;
- Report on creative and emerging social media solutions.
- College/ graduate student or recent graduate;
- Must be available to work 3 days a week, totaling 15 hours, June through August, extension could be possible based on schedule
- Demonstrated proficiency in social media;
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to think, plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion and as an effective member of a team;
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in fast-paced environment;
- A detail-oriented self-starter and finisher with great time management skills;
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and web design preferred;
- Dedication to the mission of HEAF
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter along with one writing sample of no more than 500 words to Stefin Woolever, email@example.com, subject line: Application for Social Media Intern. Submissions without cover letters or writing samples will not be considered. No phone calls or office visits please.
- Marketing Analytics
- Social Media / Blogging
- Public Relations
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- June 2016-August 2016 (possible extension)
- Please reach out to Stefin Woolever at firstname.lastname@example.org