- Carry out methods proposed in the M&E strategy and collect data to report on findings
- Review plan regularly with head midwife, Project Coordinator and Executive Director and ensure staff are trained, updated and consulted frequently (staff meetings, one-to-one discussions) on indicators, targets, and strategies that can be utilized to meet targets ensuring the M&E plan is integrated into Shanti Uganda daily operations.
- Implement pre and post questionnaire, entering and collating data into a database.
- Analysis of data including client demographics, barriers to care, analysis of program impact (change seen between pre and post), as well as client satisfaction with service provision.
- Complete scorecard on a triannual basis and analyze and report results (end of April, August, and December).
- Complete a full BH Evaluation Report analyzing the impact of the BH programs and services
- Update M&E plan as required
- Collaborate with other Shanti interns and staff to influence and develop Outreach activities with the goals of: continual marketing of Shanti programs, community education, and meeting M&E indicator targets
- Complete the monthly statistics for the previous months
- Create triannual charts for the triannual report and forward to the ED and PC
- Advanced degree in International Development or related field,
- Strong interest in the evaluation and measurement of progress in programs relating to health and development
- Knowledgeable in participatory development practices
- Quantitative evaluation, survey, statistics and/or other measurement experience
- Familiarity with statistical analysis software and ability to analyze documents
- Familiar with CIDAs Results Based Management Tools
Successful applicants will be responsible for contributing a $450/month placement fee, which will provide them with shared accommodation in Shanti Uganda’s Volunteer House, airport pickup, a volunteer manual and ongoing support and evaluation from our Canadian Project Coordinator in Uganda. All interns will contribute a 40hr workweek and are encouraged to travel on weekends.
Applications for internships will be accepted on a rolling basis, and will remain open until filled. Successful applicants will be required to submit:
- a note of mental and physical health from a health professional
- basic criminal record check from your home country
- liability & media release
Please apply with a cover letter and resume to Project Coordinator, Trine Rasmussen, firstname.lastname@example.org , or Director Kristen Porter email@example.com .
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- 40 hours per week
- See description
- India: Volunteer teaching street...
- Memphis: MIFA Meals on Wheels
- Online: Development Assistant:...
- Online: Urgent need for YOUR...
- Volunteer in the Brazilian...
- Online: Fundraising officer
- Bulgaria: Retail Expert
- Online: Videographer
- Online: Development Internship
- Guatemala: English Teacher
- Cameroon: Volunteer on a...
- Volunteer Speech and Language...
- Kenya: Teacher or Counselor
- Online: Resource Mobilisation...
- Uganda: Special Educational...
- Uganda: Monitoring + Evaluation...
- Uganda: Women’s Income...
- Uganda: Children's Education...
- Uganda: Education Specialist /...
- Uganda: Assistant Project...