ReStore Electronics Repairer
2 people are interested
Habitat ReStore is a nonprofit retail center where new and gently used building materials and home furnishings are sold at discounted prices. The ReStore is our solution for turning these donations, from generous and environmentally concerned individuals and businesses, into money to build homes for families
The ReStore Electronics Repairer will report to and work closely with the ReStore Staff and other ReStore volunteers to assist with the testing, repairing and troubleshooting of electronic appliances and equipment donated to the Habitat ReStore. This role requires the application of knowledge and ability to test, diagnose, and repair or eliminate donated items from the ReStore’s inventory. Such testing may uncover component failure, power failure and/or communication failure amongst other issues. We are looking for a candidate with experience in isolating these problems.
Volunteer Duties Include:
- Diagnosing and repairing electronic devices, ceiling fans and appliances.
- Perform testing per specific test procedures using measuring instruments.
- Solder and report surface mounts and components.
- Organize and maintain testing area.
- Document test results with appropriate information in a complete manner.
- Report to ReStore Staff regarding status of devices that have been repaired or failed testing.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Passion and understanding of the Habitat for Humanity mission and the desire to promote it!
- Experience in electronic or appliance repair.
- Ability to read English (instruction manuals, directions, etc.)
- Ability to use hand tools, soldering irons, drills, etc.
- Be knowledgeable in electronic measuring instruments, assorted related tools, basic wiring and power supplies.
- Ability to self-start and work independently.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multitask.
- Strong problem solving-skills.
- Ability to utilize good customer service skills when encountering volunteers, customers, donors or staff.
- Able to commit to at least 1 full 8 hour day per week, or 2 half (4 hour) days per week.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand or sit at a workbench for extended periods.
- Work in an open-air environment (warehouse) during all seasons.
We'll work with your schedule.
13355 49th St NClearwater, FL 33762
- Appliance Repair
- Home Repair
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- 4 hours minimum, on a weekly basis; prefer more