Heartland Hospice of Irwin is seeking Veterans interested in offering bedside companionship to Veterans on hospice care. Veteran Volunteers offer a special support and camaraderie to fellow veterans that is difficult to match! Applicants will receive comprehensive hospice training prior to patient assignments. Please call us today at 724-744-1408 and ask to speak to Tori to learn more about how we continue to honor and serve those who have first served us!
No hands on care is required. Volunteering hours are flexible!
- People Skills
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Hospice Friendly Visitor Volunteer
- Administrative Volunteer for...
- Friendly Visitor for Hospice...
- Nurses, Hospice Volunteering...
- Companionship Visitor - Hospice
- Memory Bear Sticher Volunteer
- 6-month Phone Calls To Bereaved...
- Veteran-to-Veteran Volunteering
- Friendly Visitor for Hospice
- Patient Visitors or Special...
- Tuck-In Calls
- Calling all Nurses, Hospice...
- Pet Therapy Hospice Volunteers
- Memory Bear Sticher for Hospice
- Music Enrichment Volunteers