Nerdy Girl Consulting is a premier educational management firm based in Atlanta, Georgia. We consult, develop and manage educational centers. NGC enriches and encourages school-aged girls through S.T.E.A.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics) and Foreign Language learning to equip students to be global citizens and active learners.
Nerdy Girl is currently comprised of 4 clubs in Georgia; which include: Nerdy Girl Science Lab, Nerdy Girl Robotics Club, Nerdy Girls Makers Camp and The G.I.R.L Movement, Inc.
The Nerdy Girls Club was designed to expose girls in grades 5 - 6 to language education (to include ESL) and S.T.E.A.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics). Our club is a learning lab of scientific investigations, foreign language exploration, games, crafty projects and FUN!
Nerdy Girl Volunteers are expected to:
Assist with students on Saturdays from approximately 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Provide tutoring and teach foreign language
- Pace packaged curriculum and develop corresponding hands-on activities
- Implement lesson plans from a provided curriculum
- Modifies lessons to meet the needs of individual students as necessary
- Manage a classroom of 8-12 students
- Proficient in Foreign Language (Bilingual) preferred
- High School Diploma
- Some College preferred
- Experience working with children
- Good communication (oral and written skills)
- Previous experience with STEM or STEAM fields or education preferred
- Basic Computer Skills
- Math / Science Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Interest in Children and Science