Nerdy Girl Consulting is a premier educational management firm based in Atlanta, Georgia. We consult, develop and manage educational centers. NGC enriches and encourages school-aged girls through S.T.E.A.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics) and Foreign Language learning to equip students to be global citizens and active learners.
Nerdy Girl is currently comprised of 5 clubs in Georgia; which include: Nerdy Girls After School Learning Lab, Nerdy Girls Robotics Club, Nerdy Girls Party, Nerdy Girls Makers Camp and The G.I.R.L Movement, Inc.
The Nerdy Girls Club was designed to expose girls in grades 2 - 5 to language education (to include ESL) and S.T.R.E.A.M. (Science, Technology, Reading, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics). Our club is a learning lab of scientific investigations, foreign language exploration, games, crafty projects and FUN!
Nerdy Girl Volunteers are expected to:
Assist with students from approximately 2:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Provide tutoring and teach foreign language
- Pace packaged curriculum and develop corresponding hands-on activities
- Implement lesson plans from a provided curriculum
- Modifies lessons to meet the needs of individual students as necessary
- Manage a classroom of 8-12 students
- Proficient in Foreign Language (Bilingual) preferred
- High School Diploma
- Some College preferred
- Experience working with children
- Good communication (oral and written skills)
- Previous experience with STEM or STEAM fields or education preferred
- Basic Computer Skills
- Math / Science Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18