The Donation Receiving Associate (DRA) is responsible for prompt and accurate receiving and recording of in-kind donations at the designated donation drop-off area. The DRA is responsible for providing a positive customer service experience for our donors by welcoming and thanking them for their donations as well as being the liaison to learning more about Metropolitan Ministries and our programs and opportunities. Each DRA will be expected to perform any of the following responsibilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Promptly greeting and thanking donors in a friendly and manner.
2) Recording donations accurately on the donation receipt form as required.
3) Responsible for assisting with unloading and counting donations of clothing, diapers, and other household items.
4) Obtaining donor name and contact information whenever possible.
5) All functions must meet the timelines acceptable to company standards.
6) Review and comply with donation receiving procedures.
7) Be knowledgeable and experienced in customer service.
8) Support the Donor Services and Advancement teams as assigned.
9) Actively contributes to the achievement of team and organizational goals.
10) Must have the following skills while demonstrating compassion and friendliness: problem solving, ability to perform multiple tasks, prioritizing, and speed and accuracy.
Education and Experience:
High School graduate and one to two years in customer service environment.
Must be able to work within a multi-disciplinary team framework; must be able to communicate effectively in English; must be dependable; demonstrates maturity and sensitivity to issues of faith, culture, and other sources of diversity; ability to plan and organize work and attend to detail; ability to handle job-related matters in a professional and diplomatic manner. Customer service, effective communication, and a positive, helpful attitude are necessary.
Hearing and speaking ability which allows for effective oral communication of information; physical, emotional and spiritual stamina to handle job-related issues and stress.
Demonstrates a passion for the mission and vision of Metropolitan Ministries. Must demonstrate legal authorization to work in the United States. Must pass applicable pre-internship background screening procedures.
- Customer Service
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours a week for a minimum of 3 months