Gallery Tour Guide (part-time volunteer)
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where8415 Paine Field Blvd.Future of Flight Aviation Center & Boeing TourMukilteo, WA 98275
Our goal? Who is our ideal Gallery Tour Guide candidate? We are seeking volunteers who have:
- Can give a minimum of a one-year commitment.
- Great people skills- do you like talking with people?
- Polite and respectful, our guests come from 185 countries. Accepting diversity of cultures is key.
- Reliable and dependable- drama free. (we do not have staff who can substitute, so we rely on volunteers supporting one another).
- Passionate about the Boeing Company (have a strong knowledge about the aircraft made on Paine Field and a desire to learn more). AvGeeks and Boeing Super Fans are encouraged to apply.
- We support thousands of students with a STEAM approach: Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math so understanding their needs is helpful.
- Hours: we operate 7 days a week and during our peak season 11 hours a day to the public. We would like to design a shift approach where our approved Gallery Tour Guides (volunteers) can self manage and cover as much of the shifts as possible. When not covered the guests are left to interpreting themselves which is not ideal. We want to grow this amazing group to three dozen volunteers over the next year, who can support one another.
The Institute of Flight is in need of volunteers who can fulfill our Vision: "Igniting passion for the future of aerospace." Our visitor experience is about the future and not a history-based story.
We are seeking customer-facing volunteers who will implement our Mission; "Institute of Flight inspires and nurtures multi-generational local and global visitors through immersive hands-on exhibits, tours, and aerospace education experiences."
To better understand our Exhibit approach click on this link
for our may newsletter and read the article about our exhibits.
- Public Speaking
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers commit to a shift they works for them
- Must have a check ride before flying solo with our guests.