Social Media Specialist
We are in search of a Social Media Specialist. You will work with closely with out founder and Board of Directors to increase our brand awareness on key social sites such as Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram, YouTube and blogs. Share useful content that generates awareness, and connect like-minded individuals that are interested in youth advocacy and youth empowerment. We’re looking for an energetic individual who has a passion and knack for blogging and creating mutually beneficial relationships. You will research opportunities to enhance our social media activities and our company presence online in a meaningful way.
- Help identify opportunities that will promote growth on social media sites
- Listen to and monitor all social media outlets: pages, sites, blogs, etc. on daily basis and post/respond on particular topics or in response to other posts/comments
- Track key bloggers, Twitterers, etc. of interest and classify them based on content and visibility/credibility.
- Recommend and apply relevant social media techniques, processes and tools to improve overall results and efficiency
- Contribute to and regularly update external social sites: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and other community sites.
- Develop content or promotional ideas calendar for these sites
- Recommend new social media tools, sites, and apps as part of the social media mix
- Convey a sense of community and build our following based on valuable content and mutual sharing
- Use creative means to drive strong engagement and organic growth of all social media properties
- Work closely with the Web team to ensure we’re fully leveraging the website for maximum impact/results
- Execute social marketing campaigns, including marketing/new concepts, community-building efforts and promotions
Qualifications and Experience:
- Eat, sleep and breath social media personally and professionally
- Understanding of the basic principles of public relations and/or marketing
- Exceptional creative writing and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment
- Good judgment and discretion when dealing with sensitive topics
- Able to interact with many people and multiple interruptions while staying on task
- Strong computer and technology skills
This is an Internship for someone with impeccable character. Position requires a 6-12 month commitment .
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- A love for social media