4 the World collaborates with communities around the globe to advance education. The organization is looking for a highly qualified volunteer for the position of Education Director. This volunteer position is unpaid with the potential for grant-supported salary if volunteer wins grant. The position is a rewarding experience involving the following:
- Present professional development to primary and secondary teachers in Central America
- Led global education excursions to Belize and Guatemala for pre-service teachers, inservice teachers, and teacher educators
- Blog about international development and education issues
- Coordinate, manage, and execute the scholarship program
- Lead Education Team on fundraising projects, curriculum writing, grant proposals, etc.
The volunteer should have experience with K-12 education and preferably also international education, community development, or nonprofit management.
4 the World is focused on three project areas: computer centers, health education and care, and school refurbishment. These project areas are designed and carried out in collaboration with local communities and united by a common vision: to provide sustainable solutions in health care and education.
- General Education
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Webmaster 4 The World NCSU Chapter
- Education Team Members,...
- Marketing/Advertising Manager...
- Marketing Specialists
- Grant Researcher, Grant Writer,...
- Public Relations Specialist
- 4 the World NCSU Chapter Vice...
- 4 the World NCSU Chapter President
- Executive Secretary 4 The World...
- Director of Strategic Partnerships
- Board Members - Board of...
- Education Director