"Inspiring Lives/Changing Futures" Starts With An Experienced Grantwriter
4 people are interested
Responsible for writing proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects and for submitting timely and accurate reports for all existing grant funded projects. Some Grant opportunities may range from $50,000 and up.
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
- Work with finance to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
- Provide stewardship to current donors, including work with Grants & Research Manager to provide regular written updates (newsletters etc) to corporate and foundation donors.
- Understanding of institutional history and programs.
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Track statistics relevant to development and provide department with written materials necessary for donor stewardship (visitor number and diversity, educational program attendance, etc).
- Work with Executive Administrator and fundraising team.
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Strong contributor in team environments
- Minimum of two years experience with successful grant writing.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Able to monitor and meet income goals.
About Educate Beyond All Barriers, Inc.
3737 N MERIDIAN ST STE 508, INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46208, US
To educate and train youths and adults in innovative education and technology programs which fosters opportunities to succeed.
We educate and train youths and adults including seniors in GED prep, job readiness, life skills, basic computer skills and current technology programs. Classes are small to provide individual attention.
We provide technology classes that individuals can learn about parts of the computer and fix them and take them home to keep for Free (however, there is a small registration fee of $20 to enroll).
A+ Certification (IT) classes are also offered and many can take them for free if approved.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Internet Research
- Resource Development / Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Database Administration
- Donor Management
- 10 hours/week for 12 Months or 500 hours/year
- Federal Grant writing Experience is welcomed. Phone Number and Email Is Requested