BUILD is an innovative, college preparatory program. We use entrepreneurship to ignite the potential of youth from under-resourced communities and propel them to high school, college & career success.
Volunteer as a BUILD mentor! BUILD Mentors are placed with a high school student team, coaching them through the process of launching real businesses. This makes school more relevant and fun! Mentors can come from any professional background - sharing your skill-sets with students inspires them to stay on the path to college success.
Interested in getting involved but can’t mentor weekly? BUILD has one-off and group volunteer opportunities as well. Please email Miranda Bellizia for additional information.
Here are some details on what a mentoring commitment looks like:
- Location: Manhattan, Brooklyn or the Bronx
- Time commitment: 1 hour, once a week (M-Th) (Group options available)
- Session runs: October 2017 - June 2018
- 1 mentors assigned per team (1:4 mentor to student ratio)
- Sites are accessible through public transportation
Get started! Fill out our online application here: https://www.tfaforms.com/254886
Got questions? Email us at NYCVolunteers@build.org
- Business Development
- Teaching / Instruction
- Relationship Building
- Group Facilitation
- Life Coaching
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour, one day a week for one academic year