Looking for a volunteer opportunity that will have a direct impact on the lives of working families? Help coordinate a VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) Site!
VITA Volunteers help families claim valuable tax credits, creating a financial safety net while bringing hundreds of thousands of dollars back into community pockets all while learning a valuable skill you can use forever and looks great on a resume!
Sound Outreach is looking for VITA volunteer site coordinators for our 2017 Tax year (Feb 1 - April 15). This is an opportunity to actually run one of our 5 Pierce County tax sites with Sound Outreach VITA program manager support. This is a wonderful time to show your leadership skills and will be viewed as a supervisory role on any resumes! Training for site coordinators goes all year with monthly meetings July-November & then twice monthly meetings and training requirements December - January and then a time commitment of 6-10 hours weekly February - April. As a site coordinator you will be responsible with the support of the program manager to coordinate all your VITA site activity and volunteers.
As a VITA volunteer coordinator, you will receive:
- IRS developed training.
- Professional Tax and Software in house & virtual Training.
- Quick Reference Guides and Publications for you to keep.
- The Satisfaction of Helping Others in your Community!
- The 100% support of Sound Outreach staff.
- References and evaluations for job seekers!
Benefits of Volunteering
- Gain a valuable and marketable skill
- Make new friends! This is a great opportunity to meet other people in our community who are dedicated to helping others.
- Satisfaction of knowing that you had a direct impact on our community. Imagine helping someone put food on the table or saving someone from a mortgage foreclosure. As a VITA volunteer, you will help individuals and families keep their hard-earned money!
- Office Management
- ETC / Tax Assistance
- Database Administration
- Community Outreach
- Professional Development
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- moderate time commitment