This position plays key role in the development, organization and execution of Recharge conferences, and will be immersed in on-the-job training. He / she will gain conceptual knowledge, along with the hands-on experience of completing specific tasks associated with event planning. He / she will have an opportunity to work in a casual, fun, ministry environment while developing working knowledge of event planning, processes, budgeting and communication skills which will be able to be translated into future career opportunities.
Work with Director of Training to handle logistics pertaining to each city that fit our budget. This would include ordering lunches, donuts, and snacks. Ordering / renting chairs, tables, nametags, folders, books, t-shirts, bingo and ministry super-hero prizes, and other needed supplies. Work with the contact on each city’s Leadership Team to coordinate and communicate with volunteers in each city to prepare them for their roles the day of Recharge. Work with Director of Training on ministry super-hero nominees, main stage give-aways and ministry super hero prizes, and putting together packets for each speaker and sponsor upon arrival at Recharge.
Recharge is a ministry of Youth Leadership. It is a one-day multi-denominational children’s and youth ministry conference that aims to inspire and equip church staff and volunteers in their efforts to share their faith with the next generation. It takes place in 5 Midwest Cities -- Twin Cities, Duluth, Fargo, Cedar Rapids and Green Bay.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with contacts.
- Self-motivated, exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Strong Word, Excel knowledge required.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Youth Leadership and those we serve.
- Be on time, work hard, and have fun.
- Position open until filled, requires commitment into March 2018.
- Approximately 2-6 hours once a week either at YL office in Shoreview, MN.
- This is an volunteer position that can be arranged as an internship to receive college credit.
For more information about Youth Leadership, visit youthleadership.org. To volunteer, contact Amy, Director of Training, at email@example.com or 651-484-9400.
- Administrative Support
- Problem Solving
- People Skills
- Event Planning / Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexibility of hours | 2-6 hours weekly
- Requires commitment into early March