This intern position assists the Development and Communications Director in transforming and growing DAP’s overall fundraising, development, and communications program. The intern will pick which areas she or he would like to focus on. Possible tasks include:
- Grants: assist in acquiring grant funding from new and existing sources to meet or exceed identified goals. This includes research/prospecting, developing timelines and proposals/letters of inquiry; complete and track applications and reports.
- Events: support the planning and execution of special events, including creating invitations, event set-up, and assisting with follow-up communications.
- Program marketing: develop or update DAP program materials (brochures, manuals, etc.).
- Website: support the posting and maintenance of timely, relevant content, as well as site structural revisions and new additions.
- Social media: maintain regular posting and networking efforts for Facebook, Twitter, and other networks as applicable and appropriate; develop social media calendar and policy guide for staff.
- Newsletters, blog, and other communication channels: develop content and deliver routine communications to donors, volunteers, and community supporters.
- Media: track news, current events, and reporters/bloggers relevant to DAP; flag relevant articles for Development and Communications Director; assist with regularly providing press releases to the media.
- Policy: track legislation of interest to Domestic Abuse Project, track actions of city council and local legislators relevant to DAP, alert Development and Communications Director with relevant and timely information, incorporate policy tracking into communications strategy and actions.
- Additional duties, as appropriate and assigned by Development and Communications Director, including assisting with program needs, such as staffing our First Call hotline.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including oral and written communication
- Computer skills: Microsoft office, email, social media, website management
- A general interest in social justice, women’s issues, domestic abuse, human rights, and advocacy
- Self-starter with a willingness to learn and to try new tasks.
To apply please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Anna Zaros, email@example.com.
- Administrative Support
- Project Management
- Public Relations
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training