- Providetrainingandworkshopsone ntrepreneurship,business management, savings, health and literacy & numeracy skills
- Plan, schedule, attend and facilitate weekly WIGG meetings
- Coordinate monthly buying days and shipment of WIGG products to our Vancouver office
- Set goals with group members and assist them in meeting their goals and managing their savings plans
- Meet regularly with group leaders to monitor progress and problem solve
- Monitor and evaluate the progress of each group member and ensure she is on track to becoming self-sufficient. Follow up with absences and
individual issues as necessary
- Develop, implement and monitor plans to continue the improvement of production, efficiency and quality control
- Develop seasonal product lines in cooperation with Shanti Uganda design advisors
- Ensure quality of all products and maintain WIGG manual and quality control guidelines
- Follow up with pending Fair Trade Certification
- Identify relevant conferences and events and facilitate the women’s participation at these events
- Collaborate with the Vancouver office to increase sales and develop communications
- Monitor and evaluate the progress of the WIGG as a whole and make improvements
- Maintain wholesale and sales revenue in Uganda and create new wholesale partnerships
- Degree in International Development, Marketing or demonstrated interest and related experience
- Experience in community development and income generating projects
- Excellent facilitation and leadership skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of women’s rights issues
- Experience working with HIV positive women an asset
- Knowledge and experience in social enterprise an asset
Successful applicants will be responsible for contributing a $450/month placement fee, which will provide them with shared accommodation in Shanti Uganda’s Volunteer House, airport pickup, a volunteer manual and ongoing support and evaluation from our Canadian Project Coordinator in Uganda. All interns will contribute a 40hr workweek and are encouraged to travel on weekends.
Applications for internships will be accepted on a rolling basis, and will remain open until filled. Successful applicants will be required to submit:
- a note of mental and physical health from a health professional
- basic criminal record check from your home country
- liability & media release
Please apply with a cover letter and resume to Project Coordinator, Trine Rasmussen, firstname.lastname@example.org , or Director Kristen Porter email@example.com .
This volunteer request was posted on behalf of Shanti Uganda . Learn more about this organization's projects at https://www.globalgiving.org/donate/13134/the-shanti-uganda-society/info/. For more information about this position, please contact (Name of Organization's Contact) at (Email Address) . Learn more about GlobalGiving's volunteer opportunities at http://www.globalgiving.org/get-involved/volunteer/ .
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- 40 hours per week
- India: Volunteer teaching street...
- Online: Development Assistant:...
- Online: Urgent need for YOUR...
- Volunteer in the Brazilian...
- Online: Fundraising officer
- Online: Videographer
- Online: Development Internship
- Cameroon: Volunteer on a...
- Volunteer Speech and Language...
- Ghana: End Malaria Among...
- Kenya: Teacher or Counselor
- Online: Resource Mobilisation...
- Uganda: Special Educational...
- Uganda: Monitoring + Evaluation...
- Online: Social Media Marketer
- Uganda: Women’s Income...
- Uganda: Children's Education...
- Uganda: Education Specialist /...
- Online: Social Network and Web...
- Uganda: Assistant Project...