18 people are interested
Marketing/Targeted Outreach Intern/Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: A Family For Every Child
Please visit the new page to apply.
18 people are interested
A Family For Every Child is a nonprofit organization located in the Oregon. AFFEC'S mission is to finding loving, permanent families for every waiting foster child.
JOB SUMMARY: Work with supervisor to plan Online Child Matching Events.
This includes sending registration e-mails, documentation requests, making PowerPoint presentations, and setting up and distributing login information. Duties also include post matching event work, such as submitting documentation and evaluating the factors of successful and unsuccessful outcomes.
Under the supervision of the Child and Family Operations Coordinator, the intern will:
- Conduct aesthetically pleasing child-specific family outreach email presentations
- Research effective methods to create child-specific marketing plans
- Follow up with all appropriate data entry
- Research effective and new tools that will market Matching Events, thus making them more successful.
- Create an aesthetically pleasing PowerPoint and provide new ideas on how to
- improve the presentation of the matching events.
- Make sure every attendee has a legitimate and up to date home study and
- that AFFEC has a copy of their home study.
- Distribute login information to those who are able to attend.
- Overcome barriers of how to get kids referred and Caseworkers on board
- Work with web team to lay out web pages
- Build email templates, press releases, PSA's and other marketing tools
- Carry out the Event
- Eveluate Event, thank all partners, enter all data
- Create Email Marketing Plan for identified children, including utilizing some of the previously mentioned tasks
- Assist with fundraising
- Tracking and recording information
Need to be familiar with PowerPoint and the google system.
Students and post grads encouraged to apply, but anyone is welcome to apply.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to communicate
with diverse populations
* Computer skills/Data entry
* Experience using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint programs
* Well organized with attention to detail and ability to carry out tasks independently
* Ability to meet deadlines
PERSONALITY BEST SUITED FOR THIS POSITION:
Outgoing, driven, dedicated, confident
EXPERIENCE OR SPECIAL SKILLS DESIRED:
Team player, attention to detail, follows through
3-6-9 month commitment, depending on amount of child-specific outreach is requested, number and size of events
5 to 9 hours per week preferred, but any time commitment welcome!
any time Monday through Friday, 8 to 5
May transition into a work from home opportunity after in-office proven success (this does not apply to interns/students)
About A Family For Every Child
1675 W. 11th Ave., Eugene, OR 97402, US
A Family for Every Child is dedicated to finding loving, permanent families for every waiting foster child." Our intention is to develop programs that assist special-needs/challenging-to-place foster children in finding their own Forever Families.
A Family For Every Child, a nonprofit organization, was started by Christy Obie-Barrett and dozens of dedicated and passionate volunteers. In 2006, AFFEC was formed and developed into an organization focused on finding permanent and loving adoptive homes for Oregon's waiting children. We started with our first project called The Heart Gallery in November, 2006, and now we have blossomed into ten incredibly successful programs. None of this could have occurred without the wonderful support from thousands of volunteers, sponsors, in-kind donors, photographers, and many more!
1675 W. 11th AvenueEugene, OR 97402
April 14, 2022
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- 6, 9 or more hours per week
- Very strong computer, oral and written communication skills and a desire to learn!