A Family For Every Child is a nonprofit organization located in the Oregon. AFFEC'S mission is to finding loving, permanent families for every waiting foster child.
JOB SUMMARY: Work with supervisor to plan Online Child Matching Events.
This includes sending registration e-mails, documentation requests, making PowerPoint presentations, and setting up and distributing login information. Duties also include post matching event work, such as submitting documentation and evaluating the factors of successful and unsuccessful outcomes.
Under the supervision of the Child and Family Operations Coordinator, the intern will:
- Research effective and new tools that will market Matching Events, thus
- making them more successful.
- Create an aesthetically pleasing PowerPoint and provide new ideas on how to
- improve the presentation of the matching events.
- Make sure every attendee has a legitimate and up to date home study and
- that AFFEC has a copy of their home study.
- Distribute login information to those who are able to attend.
- Overcome barriers of how to get kids referred and Caseworkers on board
- Work with web team to lay out web pages
- Build email templates, press releases, PSA's and other marketing tools
- Carry out the Event
- Eveluate Event, thank all partners, enter all data
- Create Email Marketing Plan for identified children, including utilizing some of the previously mentioned tasks
- Assist with fundraising
- Tracking and recording information
Need to be familiar with PowerPoint and the FTP system.
Students and post grads encouraged to apply, but anyone is welcome to apply.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to communicate
with diverse populations
* Computer skills/Data entry
* Experience using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint programs
* Well organized with attention to detail and ability to carry out tasks independently
* Ability to meet deadlines
PERSONALITY BEST SUITED FOR THIS POSITION:
Outgoing, driven, dedicated, confident
EXPERIENCE OR SPECIAL SKILLS DESIRED:
Team player, attention to detail, follows through
3-6-9 month commitment, depending on size of events and how many we do
5 to 9 hours per week preferred, but any time commitment welcome
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 4, 6, 10+ hours per week
- Very strong computer, oral and written communication skills and a desire to learn!
- Appreciation Coordinator
- Blog Coordinator
- Child Listing Specialist
- Adoption Policy Researcher
- Creativity and and More!...
- Child Recruitment Specialist
- Volunteer Coordinator Assistant
- Agency Newsletter Writer
- Web/Mobile/App Builder
- Heart Gallery Photo/Videography...
- Facebook Specialist
- Web Design/Development
- Database Manager
- Marketing/Targeted Outreach...
- Heart Gallery Monthly Venue...
- SEO Optimization Volunteer
- Family Adoption Specialist
- Spanish Speaking Mentor
- Foster Host Homes